How can you attract the audience’s attention to your research with your poster? This course will teach you how to give a scientific poster presentation. We will look at the design of an effective poster, the language to use and how to address your audience. You will receive feedback on your poster and your pitch from both your peers and your teacher.
By the end of this Scientific Poster Presentations course, you will be able to:
- Improve the design and content of your own scientific poster
- Design a scientific poster
- Give a confident pitch on your own research
- Use your voice in such a way that the audience keeps listening
- Draw on an enlarged vocabulary for presenting a scientific poster
- Know your own strengths and weaknesses in presenting a scientific poster in English
Ingrid de Beer MA
Ingrid E.C. de Beer has worked in the field of English Language Teaching (ELT) for over 20 years. She holds a Master of Arts (MA) degree in English Language and Literature from Utrecht University and several certificates in language assessment. She has taught and developed courses in writing, presenting skills, speaking, exam preparation (IELTS, TOEFL), and courses for specific purposes in general, business and academic contexts. Her activities also involve examining, giving seminars and working as a teacher trainer.