Have you ever wondered how you can present your research results in a more confident manner? In this course you will learn how to improve both your preparation and your presentation skills. You will discover how to design your visuals in the clearest and most appropriate way, structure your presentation correctly, get and keep the audience’s attention, make good use of your voice and body language, and handle questions from the audience.
By the end of this course on presenting your research, you will be able to:
- Structure a presentation correctly, and know which information elements to include
- Give a successful presentation in an academic setting
In particular, you will be able to:
- Design clear, interesting visuals
- Ensure a good rapport with the audience
- Use your voice in such a way that the audience keeps listening
- Handle the audience’s questions politely and appropriately
- Use an enlarged academic vocabulary
- Understand and overcome your own strengths and weaknesses in presenting in English
Ingrid de Beer MA
Ingrid E.C. de Beer has worked in the field of English Language Teaching (ELT) for over 20 years. She holds a Master of Arts (MA) degree in English Language and Literature from Utrecht University and several certificates in language assessment. She has taught and developed courses in writing, presenting skills, speaking, exam preparation (IELTS, TOEFL), and courses for specific purposes in general, business and academic contexts. Her activities also involve examining, giving seminars and working as a teacher trainer.
I will recommend this course to others because it really gives you a lot of techniques on how to prepare presentations and present it confidently. This is really important for persons who have to defend their thesis or dissertation and those have to make presentations regularly. Peer and teacher's feedback also makes the course very good for young professionals because its easier to understand feedback given to you by your peers and also learn specific ways of improving your performance. The course has definitely been useful.Read more >